Colors of Success: Becoming An Inclusive Communicator
Thursday, June 16, 2022 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (EDT)
Cultivating inclusion is an evolving process with constantly moving targets. You’re never done. A company’s goals and tactics must evolve along with the needs of current and potential talent.
Join us and learn more about…
- Crafting communications that provide insights and not insults
- Creating a psychologically safe space for all team members by
- Use of proper pronouns
- Abolishing misuse of the language of disability
- Following cultural norms when:
- Introducing team members
- Structuring a meeting
- Celebrating successes and rewarding team members in ways that recognize cultural and generational preferences
Presenter: Denise Reed Lamoreaux, Worldwide Learning Director of Customer Success for Accessible Accommodations - Microsoft.
If you would like to know more about our presenter please click here.
About Colors of Success event series:
Colors of Success (CoS), is Greater Rochester Chamber’s diversity, equity, and inclusion event series launched in 2020 that aims to inform, inspire, and encourage organizations to improve workplace equity in the Greater Rochester area and beyond.
If you would like to share topic ideas pertaining to our Colors of Success event series that you would like us to consider hosting, please contact Susan.George@GreaterRochesterChamber.com. We value your feedback and input to ensure we are bringing you informative events that benefit our members.