Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Insero & Co. CPAs. is pleased to present the inaugural Greater Rochester Chamber MWBE Awards, a program to recognize the Minority and Women-owned businesses here in the Greater Rochester region.
Minority- and woman-owned business enterprises (MWBEs) seeking recognition through the Greater Rochester Chamber MWBE Awards can apply annually through a straightforward application process. The winners will be unveiled to the community prior to the Greater Rochester Chamber MWBE Awards celebration in May 2024 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Companies that apply will be ranked according to revenue growth over a three-year fiscal period, taking into consideration both dollar and percentage increases.
*DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: Monday, April 1, 2024*
Eligible companies must:
- Applicants must show MWBE certification, provided by an approved source including but not limited to town, county, state, and federal governments.
- If an organization wishes to apply for this distinction but is not already certified as an MWBE at the local, County, State, or Federal level, Greater Rochester Chamber will provide information about the certification process and its associated benefits.
- A minimum of 51% ownership, operation, and control by minorities and/or women.
- Privately held, headquartered in the nine-county Greater Rochester/Finger Lakes region
- A minimum gross revenue of $100,000, and a maximum gross revenue of $20,000,000 in each of the 3 most recent fiscal years. All revenue information will be reviewed by a third-party accounting firm and will remain strictly confidential.
Required Proof of Revenues
All qualifying applications are required to provide Insero & Co. CPAs with copies of the nominated company’s statement of income or relevant income page from the company’s annual tax return for each of their three most recent fiscal years.
- If available, please include the required information as proof of revenues when submitting your nomination form.
- If not available, a Insero & Co. CPAs representative will contact the provided Company’s Financial Contact or Accountant to verify submitted revenues by Monday, April 1, 2024.
All revenue and growth information will be held in the strictest confidence by Insero & Co. CPAs.
An application form is required to be completed each year regardless of past participation in the program. Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and Insero & Co. CPAs are not responsible for contacting past nominees regarding the completion of an application form. The provision of accurate information is the responsibility of the applicant.
Key Dates/Events to Remember
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – Monday, April 1, 2024
The deadline for applications is Monday, April 1st, 2024. In fairness to all applicants who meet the deadline, no applications will be accepted after that date.
- GENERAL RECEPTION, VENDOR SHOWCASE & AWARDS CEREMONY – Thursday, May 2, 2024
All companies will be honored at a General Reception, Vendor Showcase, and Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 2, 2024 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
For More Information:
Susan George Director, Events and Affiliate Relations, Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce thanks you in advance for your participation and help in recognizing the Greater Rochester Chamber MWBE Awards.