biz. Exchange: Mental Health During COVID: Practical Ways Supervisors can Support Staff who are Struggling
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Our biz. Exchange - professional development series is made up of interactive workshop presentations that aim to bring business expertise to a diverse audience.
The COVID-19 pandemic, child care issues, virtual schooling, financial problems, divorce on the rise, too much to do, not enough time… the list can feel endless. It is hard to imagine anyone, especially right now, not struggling with some aspect of their mental health. It is important to remember that this includes the staff that you supervise. This webinar is explicitly designed to help supervisors identify staff who may be struggling to manage everyday life stressors and provide practical strategies supervisors can use to keep staff feeling positive, engaged, and supported.
- Attendees will be able to identify common stress responses during any pandemic.
- Attendees will be able to identify stress-responses specific to COVID-19.
- Attendees will be able to identify what signs of distress may look like in their staff members.
- Attendees will gain an improved understanding about how their role as a supervisor contributes positively and negatively to a staff member’s mental health.
- Attendees will be able to identify at least three practical ways they can support staff who are struggling.
Erin Halligan-Avery, PhD is the founder of ConcernCenter, Inc., a customizable resource directory that allows individuals to search for support options simply by identifying their concern. ConcernCenter offers a more efficient and personalized way for employees to access resource information associated with your business or company. Upon entering something they are concerned about (e.g., "financial trouble", "harassment", "considering divorce", "maternity leave options"), employees receive a list of prioritized resource results that are tailored to your organization. ConcernCenter is ADA web compliant, available in multiple languages, and offers valuable information related to employee usage and frequented concerns. For more information visit www.concerncenter.com or email email@example.com.
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Complimentary for Greater Rochester Chamber members
Greater Rochester Chamber also acknowledges the generous support of our 2021 'All Access Event Series' Presenting Sponsors: Evans Bank, Indotronix Avani