On March 7, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”), Wage and Hour Division, published the long-awaited Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to revise the “White Collar” overtime exemptions. If adopted, the proposed rule would replace the final rule issued by the DOL in 2016, but enjoined just weeks before its December 1, 2016 effective date. This session will provide detailed guidance on the proposed changes and practical steps that employers can take now to prepare. Join us as Pam Reynolds associate at Littler Mendelson, P.C., discusses:
- The latest reports on when the final regulations will be announced
- The substantive changes in the exemption standards proposed by the DOL
- How these changes could affect your exempt employee classifications
- Practical considerations for addressing these anticipated changes
Time: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Cost: Included in Rochester Chamber Membership; Members only
Five Star Bank
CityGate Branch - Flower City Community Room
395 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14620
* Parking for this meeting is available only in the Costco parking lot at the bottom of the hill. It is a short walk up the hill to the Community Room. Please do not park in employee-designated parking spaces (there are signs) or in the spaces in front or on the side of the Five Star Bank branch as those are for bank customers and employees! Exception: Those with handicap parking placards may park in the designated spaces near the building. If you don't have a placard but have mobility issues, please contact Kathy.Richmond@GreaterRochesterChamber.com and we should be able to accommodate you.