biz.Exchange: Nurturing Wellness in the Corporate Realm
Tuesday, April 30, 2024 (3:30 PM - 5:30 PM) (EDT)
Join Greater Rochester Chamber for this interactive biz. Exchange professional development event series as we delve into the art of the "Balancing Act" in nurturing wellness within the corporate realm on April 30th at Oak Hill Country Club from 3:30 to 5:30pm. In today's fast-paced business environment, finding equilibrium between professional and personal well-being is essential.
During this session, expert presenters Sharon Gullo, PNP, and Sarah Andreacchi, RSMT of SG Online Solutions LLC, will guide you through a journey of insights, strategies, and techniques aimed at fostering a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. Gain valuable perspectives on managing stress from a medical standpoint with Sharon Gullo, PNP, and discover the role of somatic movement therapy in stress relief with Sarah Andreacchi.
Please Note: Dress comfortably for an optimal experience during the Somatic Exercise following the presentation to fully engage and enjoy the activity.
Some Key Objectives and takeaways:
Understanding the "Window of Tolerance":
- Define and comprehend the concept of the "Window of Tolerance" in relation to stress.
- Recognize individual variations in the window and how it impacts responses to stress.
- Define healthy and unhealthy defense mechanisms.
Healthy Coping Mechanisms for Job-Related Stress:
- Explore effective and sustainable ways to cope with stress in the workplace and individual relationships.
- Emphasize the importance of self-awareness and proactive stress management.
Post Presentation Exercise: Somatic Applications for Stress Reduction (we encourage you to dress comfortable to be able to do this part of the program):
- After the presentation, Sarah will introduce somatic movement therapy (these exercises may require bending, stretching, arm/shoulder movement, leg/hip movement, twisting, etc.) as a tool for stress reduction and overall well-being where attendees will be encouraged to join in.
- Provide practical examples of somatic exercises applicable at home or at the desk.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to prioritize your well-being, gain practical tools for stress management, and uncover the keys to achieving a harmonious life within the corporate world. Secure your spot now for an enriching experience that goes beyond traditional professional development.
Questions? Contact Events Specialist, Cassidy Franklin at Cassidy.Franklin@GreaterRochesterChamber.com
Reserve your spot now as space is limited! RSVP by Tuesday, April 23. There will be no refunds after this date. PLEASE NOTE: If you need any special accommodations, please don't hesitate to reach out to Cassidy.
About biz.Exchange Professional Development Event Series:
No matter your status in the business world, this professional development series can benefit you. Our biz.Exchange professional development event series is made up of interactive workshop presentations that aim to bring business expertise to a diverse audience. Each session offers guidance and advice from experts in their field and serves as a discussion starter to carry on well beyond the event. If you wish to sponsor and present on an approved topic, click here to learn how.
If you have any topic ideas related to this event series, we encourage you to reach out to Susan George, our Events Director, at Susan.George@GreaterRochesterChamber.com. Your feedback and input are highly valued as we strive to deliver informative events that are beneficial to our members.
- Members: $25 per person (includes presentation/somatic exercise, light apps with a cash bar option)
- Non Members: $45 per person (includes presentation/somatic exercise, light apps with a cash bar option)
145 Kilbourn Road
Rochester, NY 14618 United States
biz.Exchange: Professional Development Series