CannaBusiness: Growing a Cannabis Economy: Lessons from Hamilton, ON
Thursday, October 21, 2021 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (EDT)
What does New York's recent legalization of cannabis mean for workplaces, the state's regulatory framework and the Greater Rochester economy?
Greater Rochester Chamber continues the community conversation on the economic legalization of recreational marijuana in New York.
Join us for a moderated conversation with our friends in Canada for best practices, and lessons learned during their pre- and post-legalization periods. We'll hear about the experiences of cannabis production and retail taking root in Hamilton, and from representatives of the Canadian cannabis sector about the ups and downs of birthing an entirely new industry.
The moderated Q&A session will cover the following:
- Job creation & business opportunities
- Integration of cannabis growers/retailers into employer community/chamber
- Tax revenue for city and state
- Police/justice system resources spent elsewhere
- Opportunities for agriculture sector
- Political maneuvering between city & province (opt-outs allowed, etc.)
- Community concerns
- Impact on workplaces, road safety & public health
- Black market
- And More..
- Keanin Loomis, President & CEO, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- George Smitherman, President & CEO, Cannabis Council of Canada and former Minister of Health and Deputy Premier of Ontario
- Karine Cousineau, Director of Government Relations and Sustainability, The Green Organic Dutchman & board member of the Cannabis Council of Canada
Moderated by: Ross Hofherr, Harris Beach (Event Sponsor) - Hofherr, Ross B. | Harris Beach, PLLC - Discover True Engagement
Before being able to register for events, you must create an account within our new InfoHub customer portal.
To do so, click the link below and enter the data for the fields for first name, last name, and email. For any questions or issues creating your account, please contact Kevin.Donahue@GreaterRochesterChamber.com.
Create Account: https://my.greaterrochesterchamber.com/MIC/Create
Complimentary for Greater Rochester Chamber members
$15 for non-members
Chamber Opportunities & More